Why study finance?
Finance is an interesting subject, especially for students who study business and/or mathematics. It is also ideal for those with an interest in managing their own personal finance. The course covers some personal and business finance topics. Many students who complete this course go onto study finance, business or accounting courses at university, with others going into higher level apprenticeships in accounting, studying towards AAT. The course covers topics on short term, midterm and long-term financial capability.
What will I learn about?
Year 12 – certificate in financial studies
• financial capability for the immediate and short term
• financial capability for the medium and long term
Year 13 – diploma in financial studies
• sustainability of an individual’s finances
• sustainability of the financial services system
How will I be assessed?
Future pathways and careers
• Business and finance roles
• Management accounting
• Financial accounting
• Banking and financial services
• Further accountancy qualifications