Hucknall Sixth Form Centre brings together the very best in education from the National Church of England Academy, The Holgate Academy and Queen Elizabeth’s Academy.
Our students travel from across Nottinghamshire to join a further education community with strong academic principles and values, dedicated to achievement and positive outcomes.
We aim for all our students to be successful and develop into professional, educated young people. The emphasis of our courses is academic rather than vocational, with the intention that students will achieve to the best of their abilities and either continue their studies at university or move directly into employment.
The centre is based in a purpose built academic building refurbished in 2016, creating a fresh and vibrant facility designed for learning, independent study and personal development. This outstanding location is supported by specialist equipment at both the National and Holgate academies, enabling specific subject areas to expand and enhance students’ understanding of their course.
- Over 30 courses available
- £1.5 million investment in new centre and equipment
- Exam success: 56% of students achieved A*-B at A2 or equivalent
- Pass rate: 99% at A2 or equivalent
- 79% of students went into Higher Education
- 21% of students moved into Employment, apprenticeships and training