We expect all Hucknall Sixth Form Centre students to dress appropriately for studying in a professional business environment. Dressing smartly is great preparation for moving into employment after your time studying at HSFC or after university, where high standards will be an expectation.
The objectives of our dress code are:
- to prepare students for expectations from future employer
- to promote self-esteem amongst our students
- to set high standards as role models for the home academies and to maintain HSFC’s excellent reputation in the wider community
- ensure clothing does not cause offence
- Sportswear (e.g running trainers, tracksuit bottoms)
- Leggings (unless worn under an appropriate length skirt or dress)
- Revealing, cropped or strappy tops
- Hats, hoods and caps in the building
- Clothing with political and /or offensive slogans
- Clothes with rips or tears
- Inappropriately short skirts or shorts
- Beachwear (including flip flops)
Hair colour should not be dyed unnatural colours and should be of the colour and style suitable for work in a professional, office type environment. Additionally, there should be no facial piercings, tattoos or spacer earrings visible.
In all cases regarding acceptability of dress and hair colour, the decision of our Head of Sixth Form and principals is final – students will be asked to return home to change if their dress is not deemed to be appropriate.