We expect all Hucknall Sixth Form Centre students to dress appropriately for studying in a school environment.
The objectives of our dress code are:
- to promote self-esteem amongst our students
- to set high standards as role models for the home academies and to maintain HSFC’s excellent reputation in the wider community
- ensure clothing does not cause offence
The requirements of our dress code are:
- Clothing should not contain any rips or tears.
- Clothing should not bear any offensive slogans
- Clothing should not reveal stomachs, backs or inappropriate amounts of chest.
- Clothing should not be revealing/see-through
- Skirts and shorts should be of an appropriate length.
- Hats and hoods should not be worn inside the building.
If students are unsure that an item of clothing is inappropriate for the centre, they are most welcome to check with the Head of Centre before wearing/purchasing
Hair colour should not be dyed unnatural colours and should be of the colour and style suitable for work in a professional, office type environment. Additionally, there should be no facial piercings, tattoos or spacer earrings visible.
In all cases regarding acceptability of dress and hair colour, the decision of our Head of Sixth Form and principals is final – students will be asked to return home to change if their dress is not deemed to be appropriate.